Location: Corporate Bakersfield Job Summary:
- Under the direction of the Controller of Omni Family Health, the person handling this position shall assist in the operation of the accounting functions of OFH. Responsible for all general ledgers, accounts payable, payroll, banking activities, lease equipment schedules. Assist Controller in preparing and documenting grant/contract invoices, rental invoices, financial reports and monthly journal entries in accordance with established policies and procedures, and Federal and State agencies requirements.
- Maintain overall accounting records for all financial transactions of all programs in accordance with funding agencies requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assure that proper procedures and controls are in place in the areas of purchasing, inventory, cash receipts, cash disbursements, bank reconciliations, and depreciation. Recommend changes as needed to achieve the above.
- Review the completion of new asset list schedule and any construction schedule on a monthly basis and update depreciation schedule accordingly.
- Review cash payment requisitions to reflect correct coding, payment and fund sources, department, subdepartment, and location “branch” for all monthly lease/rent payments.
- Responsible for making sure that all contractual invoices are received and paid on time. Thus, prepare the account payable proposed to be paid list. Thus, review monthly vendor statements against A/P outstanding.
- In charge of producing account payable checks and accounts payable reports on a weekly basis and all first of the month checks based on approved payable by the Controller.
- Maintains an accurate cash journal for all bank accounts and provides daily cash balance report.
- Assist in closing the financial book (reconciliation of assets and liabilities) as required by the Controller on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports and management reports as directed by the Controller
- Assist in the preparation of clinic annual reports, UDS, Medi-cal and Medicare cost reports as directed by the Controller.
- Assist in review payroll process and cost allocation to assure proper submission, internal control and coding.
- Other related duties as required by Controller.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
- Graduate from 4 year College with major in Accounting or Business Administration with at least two years experience in similar accounting position is preferred. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Must be a self starter, able to coordinate the accounting and cost accounting functions to produce operation and financial reports.
- Ability to use independent judgment, and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with all personnel, Bank, Outside Auditors, Local, State and Federal Agencies.
- Knowledge of keeping and reviewing financial or statistical records.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices and terminology used in financial and statistical record keeping.
- Knowledge of office practices, systems and procedures.
- Ability to operate office machines and computerized accounting system. Knowledge of advanced computers is a must.
- Full Time Position, Exempt