Location: Fiscal-Administration Bakersfield
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor/Controller the Accounting/Document Management Specialist (ADMS) is primarily responsible for handing the intake and processing of all documents related to the Accounting department. Provide important quality control function for the preparation and digitization of documents that allows for the most efficient processing. This individual will assist and provide support as needed in order to foster and sustain a strong team environment.
- Responsible for electronically filing all documents within the fiscal department.
- Scan files and re-files A/P documents with an imaging system.
- Retrieve and export/import documents as required.
- Provide archive control over all documents. Update system as needed to reflect status of files.
- Ensure Portable Document Format (PDF) file quality.
- Turnover and archiving of vendor files.
- Perform some data entry.
- Consistently meet all guidelines regarding retention of files/documents.
- Train on other tasks as assigned to document management as time permits.
- Escalate questionable transactions to management in a clear and timely manner.
- Observe all security privacy and compliance requirements.
- Typing, reviewing or completing word processing, spreadsheet and database requests as assigned.
- Establish a complete filing system whereby all correspondence coming in or going out is controlled by filing properly for future use and easy location when needed.
- Responsible for all leases, contracts, monthly invoices and direct deposit log.
- Assisting other staff with questions and troubleshooting projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a secure storage environment.
- Continuing to upgrade work skills by participating in company offered training and development.
- Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple projects at any given time, as well as perform accurately under time pressures and constraints.
- Practice good housekeeping habits in office and other OFH areas.
- HIPAA compliance – responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required learning and using the Electronic Health Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, And Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in clerical or secretarial work.
- Degree preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of office procedures and filing systems.
- Ability to maintain high productivity over the course of project(s).
- Ability to acknowledge and respect confidential information.
- Must show proven adaptability to change.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, timeline driven environment to meet project commitments and goals.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer, or demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Ability to lift boxes per the required safety procedures.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religious and economic status.
Responsible To: Accounting Supervisor/Controller
Classification: Full Time Position, Non-Exempt