- Bakersfield Floater
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will assist the pharmacist in inventory control of pharmacy stock, do routine clerical duties, (i.e. type memos etc.), bookkeeping duties as required, and other duties relating to the pharmacy.
- Check outdates monthly at site he/she is assigned.
- In pharmacy
- Injectable cabinet
- Biological in refrigerator
- Emergency pharmacy lock up
- Check inventory.
- All injectables
- Refrigerator items
- Mark in and stock incoming merchandise.
- File daily RXs.
- File incoming mail.
- Facts and Comparison Monthly
- Medical information as needed
- Type labels for replacement RX twice weekly.
- Type inter-clinic memos.
- File and check medical and PCS RXS.
- Inventory pharmacy yearly or as requested.
- File memos.
- Housekeeping in all pharmacy areas.
- Run pharmacy errands as required.
- Input patient information into the computer and generate labels.
- Phone refill requests as authorized to outside pharmacies.
- Take refill requests over the phone.
- Daily ordering of merchandise as needed.
- Maintain totals of all merchandise ordered through pharmacy that are non prescription items.
- Maintain record of all supplies ordered by pharmacy.
- Replace items in night lock up.
- Check daily immunization at site and maintain adequate stock and ascertain that all have been recorded as given.
- Promote and believe in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- HIPAA compliance – Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance – Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI – Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT – Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Pharmacy Technician License
- Graduate from high school or equivalent.
- Basic typing skills.
- Medical terminology background (not required)
Responsible To: Staff Pharmacist/Chief Pharmacist/Chief Clinical Services Officer
Classification: Part Time Position, Non-exempt