- N. Chester
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Clerk will assist the pharmacist in inventory control of pharmacy stock, do routine clerical duties, (i.e. type memos etc.), bookkeeping duties as required, and other duties relating to the pharmacy.
- Check outdates monthly at site he/she is assigned.
- In pharmacy
- Injectable cabinet
- Biological in refrigerator
- Emergency pharmacy lock up
- Check inventory.
- All injectables
- Refrigerator items
- Mark in and stock incoming merchandise.
- File daily RXs.
- File incoming mail.
- Facts and Comparison Monthly
- Medical information as needed
- Type labels for replacement RX twice weekly.
- Type inter-clinic memos and file memos.
- File and check medical and PCS RXS.
- Inventory pharmacy yearly or as requested.
- Housekeeping in all pharmacy areas.
- Check daily immunization at site and maintain adequate stock and ascertain that all have been recorded as given.
- Do pharmacy errands as required.
- Enter in computer patient information and generate labels.
- Phone refill requests as authorized to outside pharmacies.
- Take refill requests over the phone.
- Daily ordering of merchandise as needed.
- Maintain totals of all merchandise ordered through pharmacy that are non prescription items.
- Maintain record of all supplies ordered by pharmacy.
- Replace items in night lock up.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
- HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all H.I.P.A.A. regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience
- Graduate from high school or equivalent with certificate as Pharmacy Technician. Prior working experience as Pharmacy Assistant is helpful.
- Basic typing skills.
- Promotes and believes in OFH mission statement.
- Ability to relate to the public regardless of ethnic, religion and economic status.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish may be required.